Care Instructions for Upholstery Fabric
Annual cleaning to your upholstery will keep it looking it’s best. Here are a few tips to successfully clean your fabric.
- Spot clean only with water based shampoo or foam upholstery cleaner.
- Pretest a small, inconspicuous area before proceeding.
- Do not over wet.
- Do not use solvents to spot clean.
- Pile fabrics may require brushing with a non-metallic, stiff bristle brush to restore appearance.
- Hot water extraction or steam cleaning is not a recommended cleaning method.
- Cushion covers should not be removed and laundered.
- To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing with a non-metallic, stiff bristle brush to remove dust and grime is recommended.
- When cleaning a spill, blot immediately to remove spilled material.
- Clean spots or stains from the outside to the middle of the affected area to prevent circling.
- Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.